More workplaces are realising the importance of managing mental health at work and recognising the benefits of creating mentally healthy workplaces. Mental Health First Aid® (MHFA™) training has been identified as one of the key strategies to lessen the impact of mental health problems on productivity and many workplaces use MHFA training as the foundation for their mental health strategy.
Standard Mental Health First Aid course
Mental Health First Aid International courses are based on population health and are rigorously researched, both in terms of the content that is included and evaluations of their effectiveness.
In the Standard Mental Health First Aid course, participants learn about the signs and symptoms of common and disabling mental health problems in adults, how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide first aid in a crisis situation.
Standard Mental Health First Aid® course content
Participants will learn the practical skills to assist someone who is experiencing mental health problems or crisis such as:
Developing Mental Health Problems
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems.
- Understand the risk factors associated with mental illness.
- Understand the prevalence and impact of mental illnesses.
- Understand the evidence-based interventions for mental illness.
- Understand the barriers to help seeking and how to overcome these.
- Learn what mental health first aid is and how to apply the Mental Health First Aid® ALGEE Action Plan.
- Learn how to assess and assist in a crisis.
- Practice applying mental health first aid skills.
- Learn the local resources available to someone experiencing mental health problems.
- Learn about the importance of self-care as a Mental Health First Aider.
Send a Message
If you are a multinational organisation that would like to find out more about course delivery pathways for the Mental Health First Aid Program in your organisation or to find out if the Mental Health First Aid for Multinational Organisations eLearning course is right for your organisation, please send us an enquiry.